Friday, October 9, 2009

moral support

james bond gives me moral support...well, his theme does. having only discovered the joys of snowploughing late in life, i have utilised little devices to help me along. one is singing the james bond theme as i slide down a slope. it distracts me enough to not think about going downhill and lets me relax a bit so i go with the flow; if things get a bit hairy, i sing a bit louder. the beauty of going to the snow and singing at the top of my lungs in a public place is that with all the gear on, no one recognises me or knows who i am. the snow's good like that - i can look as dishevelled as i like and not have to worry about it - it is so liberating. i can look like a slob and sing at the top of my lungs; where else can anyone do something like that?

No comments: