Monday, November 10, 2008

damage control

we were in the aisle which sold crockery in woollies when we walked past at lady holding 2 packages of 4 glasses. she was telling her daughter that they needed to get new glasses because they had broken some over the last 2 weeks. that was fair enough. her daughter queried her and she replied "we need them because you threw a glass at me the other day" to which her daughter replied "that's because you threw a glass at me."
we continued walking, each wondering whether the other had heard the exchange. when we were out of the aisle, we glanced at each other, miss c incredulous that anyone would throw a glass.
i can't bear when any of my things break accidentally; i can't believe when people break things intentionally.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hi, just found your blog via the taste forums... noticed you have posted every day for november, are you participating in NaBloPoMo? You just have to post every day in November, there are heaps of people doing it... and you can win prizes! I tried last year and failed and I am too busy this year with uni work, so I'm not participating this year... hope you will give it a go :)

whisks said...

hi tara,
thank you for letting me know, but i've never heard of NaBloPoMo. it sounds great - guess i'll have to google it and find out some more. i'm sure there are heaps of blogs more worthy than mine - mine's really just to record a little something for my kids to read if they feel like it.
thanks again.